Have you ever heard about Salehoo?
Salehoo is a New Zealand company that connects drop shippers to suppliers. They have suppliers from USA, UK, and Australia. This system has its use in providing fast supply at wholesale prices. It’s a sourcing tool from drop shippers. A lot of Salehoo customers sell the drop shipped goods via eBay, Amazon, Etsy to turn a profit.
Salehoo is special in another thing, they provide website templates so drop shippers can start their online store via their platform. However, you need to be a premium member to have this option. In this area, I would still suggest going with Shopify which offers you $29/month plan which is the best option possible in creating an all-in-one e-commerce store (hosting, platform provided). You can buy a domain on GoDaddy which is the biggest and cheapest domain provider out there. And then you have a green light.
Or if you are a WordPress fan, the best option for you would be buying a hosting on Bluehost (most reliable provider), the domain on GoDaddy and install a WooCommerce plugin so your website will transform to a store.
Is Salehoo Legit?
Yeah, Salehoo is for sure a legitimate company. Salehoo isn’t a scam or poorly developed solution at all. Their support, service, and overall attitude is on point.
But, if you still don’t believe, check this SaleHoo honest review here.
- Great customer service – When it comes to customer service, Salehoo delivers it well. It has an A+ rating on Better Business Bureau. It’s obvious that this established brand, since 2005, knows how to treat its customers. Customers of all price plans have access to phone and email support, though this is standard across most companies. Generally, people who use this service feel that customer service is fair. Customers don’t struggle to cancel subscriptions making this a legit company.
- Has top brands as products – Another great thing about Salehoo is that it has access to over 1.6 brand name products. You can sell products from top brands like Disney, Victoria’s Secret, Sony and more.
- Competitive to sell brand name products – The biggest downside to selling brand name products is that customers can usually find the products cheaper on the brand’s website or on Amazon. Thus, making it much more competitive to sell than if you were to dropship from Oberlo Supply. Notably, if a customer recognizes a brand, they’ll be more likely to search for a deal than if the product were unbranded. It’s much more difficult to know the source of an unbranded dropshipped product.
- Harder to create own brand – With branded products, you’re forced to create a marketplace brand like Walmart or use a marketplace like eBay. Unfortunately, new startups lack the volume that mega-brands like Walmart have built up over the years. In addition, using a marketplace like eBay is highly competitive which results in price feuds that eat away at your profits. With Oberlo Supply dropshipping, unbranded products allow you to create your own brand where people keep coming back to your store.
- Price – Salehoo’s price isn’t competitive within the dropshipping industry. Their lowest basic plan starts at $27/month. You can also purchase it for $67/year. On the other hand, Oberlo’s starter plan is free, forever. With Oberlo, customers can add 500 products to their store and manage 50 orders a month, for free.
- Product database is small – At first glance, a directory of over 1.6 million products sounds high. However, when you factor in how many niches there are, the number is actually quite small. In addition, compared to the Oberlo Marketplace the number of products on Salehoo pales in comparison.
- Most sell on eBay or Amazon which is overcrowded – The ability to sell products on eBay or Amazon is amazing. However, when you’re a drop shipper, they’re the worst places to sell your products. You’ll be competing on price with other drop shippers and even the manufacturer. Thus, your margins are completely destroyed. In addition, the lowest wholesale prices can usually be found on Oberlo Supply, making it next to impossible to compete.
Oberlo. Their Starter Plan is for free. It allows you to find suppliers or products through it, only need is just to have a Shopify store with an installed Oberlo app which you can find in the Shopify app store after you’ll create your Shopify store.
Also, Oberlo allows you to create your own brand with your own unbranded products, As products aren’t associated with any particular brand, you’ll be able to get customers to keep coming to your website to keep buying your own products.
Almost everything on our planet is made in China and Oberlo allows you to connect with suppliers for the cheapest price possible. You can also view product reviews from others drop shippers and often you will find photo reviews from customers. This helps you to pick the best product for your store because the only goal you should have is to make your customer come back after their first purchase and make a second one, a third one and this is possible only if they will be satisfied with their purchase.
Oberlo is so popular that in the Shopify app store there are 1000+ reviews on this app so if you still thinking about which way to choose, register a Shopify store (we have a 14 days trial coupon) and go to the app store and check the reviews on Oberlo.
Very tough one. So I would start with this. I have much more experience with Shopify and Oberlo and I know that it works for a fact. It’s clean, smooth, no bugs, great support, everything is synchronized so you can add your product with just one click to your store. These are facts that make it a very tough choice.
On the other way, thanks to the Salehoo you can touch different products that nobody sells because the majority of drop shippers use Shopify and Oberlo combination. And sometimes this can really help you crush the competition. Salehoo works very clean too, it’s just not too famous as Shopify.
To be absolutely honest I would go with SaleHoo (58% for SaleHoo and 42% for Shopify). But that doesn’t mean you should do the same.
If you are still thinking about and can’t decide which one pick, check this review now.