The first thing we need to look at is finding a niche market to dive into. A good niche is the first step to making money online. There are a few things you should take into account when coming up with an idea.
- Will it be a personal Niche? Something you’re interested in? If not do you have the time to research it?
- Are their good Amazon or Affiliate products to sell for this niche?
- Do you think you can drive traffic to this niche?
- Is the niche popular?
- Can you make money in this niche?
Those are just a few of the things I like to think about before diving into making a site about the products or service I want to sell. You might not want to sell anything and just make money off Adsense and that’s fine. Adsense is a great way to monetize, but you do need a lot of traffic, sometimes I use all 3 or there are plenty of other options you can use to monetize a site.
Here are some great ways to find a topic.
The most common one for me to start searching for a niche would have to be reddit, they do claim to be the front page of the Internet after all. The activity that goes on in reddit can be overwhelming, there is so much information flowing around. Not only do I use it to find a niche I also use it to find way’s to make money online.
After heading over to reddit all you need to do is type something in the search bar to the right, let’s use “cooking”.
- Tasty foreign dishes
- Cooking tips
- Celebrity chefs
- Beginner chef Recipes
- Cooking parodies
- How to cook a steak
Finding a Niche Market in Forums
- Cooking curries
- How to present food
- Soul food recipes
- Spanish cooking
- Cheap cooking – Cheap meals – Cooking on a budget
- Microwave recipes
- Breakfast recipes
- Low-fat cooking – Low carb cooking
- Chef jobs – Cooking Jobs.
- Indian cooking
- Five minute meals (nice and catchy this one)
- Another one for “Cheap cooking”
- Cooking lessons
- Cooking tools (Amazon Store)
- Family meals – this would be a great niche, there is something in Clickbank you can sell and you could also branch off into the health niche with that product
- Paleo cooking
The internet is full of places to gather information, this took me 10 minutes and I got some good ideas. The deeper you dig the more you find. Spend an hour or two looking and you could strike gold. One thing I noticed in the cooking niche is that 90% of the people on forums are looking for cooking books. Set up an Amazon store and you could do well in a niche like this.